Full-stack development is essential in web and app development because it is used in both front-end and back-end development. When it comes to full stack terms like MEAN stack and MERN stack, many businesses may be confused.
The question always arises of which type of stack is good for application development. Both of these stacks have their pros and cons and it is quite tough to select the best one.
So in this blog post, we’ll take a look at the MEAN stack vs MERN stack and compare them to help you decide which one is the best fit for your business.
But Before diving into the details about MEAN stack vs MERN stack it’s necessary for us to understand what a stack is. A stack is a logical concept made up of a collection of similar elements. The term is frequently used in computer programming and memory organization
A tech stack is a collection of programming languages and other software tools used to facilitate software development. Because the IT ecosystem has been working on a wide range of applications for so long, they have identified certain technology combinations that can be used to ensure efficient development.
What is MEAN Stack?
MEAN is an acronym where each of its letters stands for the following:
M Stands for MongoDB , E stands for Express Js ,A stands for Angular, N stands for Node.js .MEAN Stack provides the core building blocks for building web applications:
- Service layer – This layer handles all requests made by frontend or back-end services (for example, performing authentication)
- Data layer – The purpose of this type of layer is to store data in a database (e.g., MongoDB).
Benefits of MEAN stack Development
MEAN stack allows your developer to create a mind-blowing application quickly and as the process is fairly simple the chances of messing up are very low.
For single-page applications, the Angular front end in the MEAN stack is also an excellent choice. Here are some examples:-
- Tracking Expenses apps.
- Aggregator news apps.
- Apps for mapping and location like Google Maps.
Working Model of MEAN Stack
MEAN stack is a combination of MongoDB, Expressjs, Angular, and Nodejs frameworks. It’s also known as the Fullstack framework. Each technology in the MEAN stack has a specific role to play in the development process.
MongoDB is a database that stores the data for the application.
Express.js is a web server framework that provides the web application with the ability to communicate with the database and handle HTTP requests.
AngularJS is a front-end framework that handles the user interface and interaction logic for the web application.
The MEAN stack is a full-stack solution, meaning it has everything you need to develop a web application for your business from start to finish. This makes it a popular choice for many developers, as it can greatly simplify the development process.
Why Should you choose MEAN stack for App Development?
- It gives your app high speed, maintenance, reusability, and testability.
- MEAN stack technologies are open source, so the cost of developing an app or website is affordable.
- MEAN stack saves developers from writing repetitive and lengthy code.
- Because it includes testing tools, automated testing saves developers time and energy.
- The MEAN stack makes it simple to switch from server to client mode.
What is MERN Stack?
- The lack of support for offline data storage;
- The lack of support for scaling out as your app grows;
MERN also allows testing code easily in isolation from a web browser or server. This feature comes in handy for the developers.
Benefits of MERN Stack Development
MERN stack provides a lot of benefits including fast development speed, an easy way to build single-page applications (SPA), SEO-friendly codebase, etc.
- It is faster and more efficient than traditional servers, making it ideal for small apps.
- More responsive to user inputs, resulting in a superior user experience
- The MVC architecture separates presentation details from business logic.
- Full stack development helps with both frontend and backend development.
- A fast and dependable web server cuts down on time spent troubleshooting input and output.
Working Model of MERN Stack:
The MERN stack comprises four major components:
- MongoDB is a document database designed to make development easier by providing you with a single source of truth.
Why Should you choose the MERN stack for App development?
- If you have limited time to launch your business, the MERN stack may be a good option. This ensures that web and app development is completed quickly.
- MERN stack is inexpensive, so you can have an impressive online presence while staying within your budget.
- A set of adaptable tools enables developers to create apps and websites more quickly and effectively.
- If your business idea is large, the MERN stack is the better option.
- The MERN stack offers a more scalable and stable development environment.
- For mobile app development, the MERN stack is a better choice.
MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack:- Detailed comparison
You may have noticed a significant difference in the previous descriptions of both technologies in this blog. It is because of the use of Angular and React.
The table below will help you understand the negative and positive aspects of the MEAN and MERN technologies, as well as their differences.
You can get a basic sense of the MERN stack vs. the MEAN stack by looking at the table. Read about each parameter in detail for more information.
|S.No||Parameters||Mean Stack||Mern Stack|
|3||Architecture||Component based||Component based|
|4||Features||Moderate level||High level|
|9||DOM||Regular DOM||Virtual DOM|
|10||Data binding ||One-way and two-way||Only one way|
Understanding MEAN vs MERN is easier when you understand the features. In the MERN stack, developers can quickly develop efficient codes. It includes testing tools such as Jest and Mocha. MEAN supports single-language development and stores data in JSON format.
MEAN’s advanced features make the development process quick and efficient. MERN stack development is faster than MEAN and also provides robust pages.
MEAN stack provides high security, while MERN provides medium security. MERN, on the other hand, ensures the long-term viability of data storage. Both are generally regarded as secure and robust.
In the MEAN stack, data binding can occur in one or two ways. In the MERN stack, data binding occurs only in one way. This information will assist you in dealing with providers of stack development services.
(DOM)Data Object Model
The MEAN stack uses Angular to update the Document Object Model. DOM is a programming interface for the XML and HTML languages. In the MERN stack, the DOM is virtual and uses
Understanding the MERN vs MEAN stack requires an understanding of data flow. Because data flow in the MERN stack is unidirectional, it assists in the management of large projects. In the MEAN stack, the data flow is bidirectional, hence it is said to be more secure.
The MEAN stack has medium-level flexibility, whereas the MERN stack has high-level flexibility. You can choose any stack based on the flexibility as per the requirements of your app or website.
MEAN and MERN stacks are both open-source, full-stack frameworks. They offer a full development cycle for the app or website, from front-end to back-end development.
MEAN Stack vs MERN Stack: What should you choose?
MEAN stack is like an easier version of MERN. It is very easy to use, with a lot of great features.MERN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, and NodeJS) is a popular choice for web development because it’s fast, reliable, and scalable.
MEAN Stack also has great community support which makes it easy to find help when needed. Both tech stacks are used by well-known brands like Uber Eats, Instagram, Fiverr, Accenture, etc.
They do so because they believe they are effective and robust for their online presence. However, you must have noticed that the choice of the tech stack is determined by the business idea and the type of application or website.
MEAN development services are a good choice because of their consistency and dependability. It also provides consistent execution and cost-effective development for your company.
While the MERN stack is the faster of the two and would be a good choice if you need to launch your application quickly. MERN stack is also useful if you have a limited budget.
There aren’t many differences between MEAN and MERN stacks. It is quite impossible to judge which stack is better for your project because it totally depends on your project’s demands and requirements.
You now have enough information to decide which is better for your company based on what you’ve read in this blog.
Consider hiring MEAN Stack developers from HackerKernel to take advantage of our MEAN stack development services. Many of our customers are pleased by our MEAN stack developers. Our work experience with various types of businesses makes us a good choice for all companies out there.